The X-Files recent event series aka Season 10 will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on 13th June 2016.
14 years after the original series run, the event series featured 6 brand new episodes with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Mitch Pileggi also returned to the series as FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner, Mulder and Scully’s boss.
In its return the show pulled in huge ratings in both the UK and the US and rumours of an 11th season have been circulating since the new series ended. There is no official word on that yet but Duchovny and Anderson, along with show creator Chris Carter, have all stated their interest in doing more episodes.
The confirmed Blu-ray & DVD special features are:
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Makings of a Struggle
- Season X: An In-Depth Behind-the-Scenes Look at “The Event Series”
- Monsters of the Week: A Recap from the Wildest and Scariest from the Original Series
- “The X-Files” – Green Production PSA
- Short Film – Grace by Karen Nielsen
- Commentary on “Founder’s Mutation” with Chris Carter and James Wong
- Commentary on “Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster” with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Kumail Nanjiani and Darin Morgan
- Commentary on “My Struggle II” with Chris Carter and Gabe Rotter
In December The X-Files was released as a Complete Series Boxset on Blu-ray for the first time. The boxset will be re-released with the Event Series included alongside the original nine seasons. It features over 25 hours of extras, including documentaries and commentary by creator Chris Carter and the production team — as well as special effects sequences, deleted scenes and an in-depth look behind the scenes of The Event Series — this collection is a must-have for any fan of the truth!