The long awaited Destiny: The Taken King 2.2.0 update is now available to download on Xbox One and PS4.
Here’s the official description:
The battered remnants of the Reef are mopping up the lingering Taken forces throughout the system. The worst have been captured by the Awoken and await judgment in the Prison of Elders but a pretender to Oryx’s vacant throne has escaped Variks’ vengeful grasp. Hunt the dark beast down before he grows too powerful and reap the rewards that await you.
Amongst a host of additions to the Destiny universe, players will experience:
- Max Light raised to 335 – New challenges demand that you become even more powerful to overcome them. Difficulty and Rewards have both been increased in Prison of Elders, Court of Oryx, Heroic Strikes, Nightfall Strikes and in the King’s Fall Raid as well as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.
- Return to the Prison – For the first time, face the Taken and eight updated bosses in a Level 41 version of Prison of Elders. Visit Variks to partake in a brand new mode, Challenge of the Elders, featuring scoring, weekly boss battles, gameplay twists and rewards.
- Taken Strike: ‘Winters Run’ – A cell, from the Prison of Elders! The Taken now corrupt this territory where the Fallen House of Winter once attempted to raise a powerful Archon Priest. Fight your way to the cell. Stop the Taken surge.
- Loot & Infusion – All roads lead to more powerful gear. New and updated rewards have been added to all high level activities. Infusion now upgrades gear to the existing Light of the consumed item directly.
- Sterling Treasure – Both Chroma and Taken-themed gear can be found in Sterling Treasures. Three Sterling Treasures can be obtained each week by visiting the Postmaster after each weekly reset, successfully completing one Level 41 Prison of Elders activity and completing one match in the featured Weekly Crucible Playlist.
- Taken-Themed Gear – Taken-themed Gear can also be earned, and a full set of Desolate Armor will unlock a unique Taken “Shiver” emote
- Updated Faction & Prison Of Elders Gear – Faction packages will now contain select Chroma-enabled versions of their Legendary armour sets at up to 330 Light. Updated Prison of Elders Legendary Gear is also Chroma-enabled and can drop at up to 335 Light in Challenge of the Elders.
- Chroma Customization – Chroma is a new feature that can be applied to select sets of gear and weapons to further customise your Guardian.
Visit Bungie.net for the full details on the Destiny April Update.
Watch the Destiny: The Taken King April Update trailer below:
[brid video=”33385″ player=”531″ title=”Official Destiny The Taken King April Update Preview UK”]