Marvel’s Agent Carter wrapped up it’s second season last week.
If you haven’t seen season 2 of Marvel’s Agent Carter and want to avoid spoilers, we suggest you stop reading now. If you have seen it and want to hear my thoughts then keep reading.
The second season was set during the aftermath of World War II. It took Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) away from New York City to Los Angeles. Here she was accompanied by most of the main cast from the first season as she continued to battle to keep the world safe.
The season started a love triangle of sorts between Peggy, Daniel Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) and scientist Jason Wilkes (Reggie Austin). It also brought back Edwin Jarvis (James D’Arcy) and introduced his wife Ana (Lotte Verbeek). Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper) also returned but in a much reduced capacity.
The majority of the season was focused on a mysterious substance known as Zero Matter. It appeared after a nuclear explosion opened up a strange rift.
While it was initially contained the Zero Matter was eventually absorbed by Whitney Frost (Wynn Everett). She quickly discovered that it gave her incredible powers that made her very dangerous to anyone who stood in her way.
Eventually the threat was overcome but the show has many plotlines still unresolved. It was also far from a happy ending with the season ending on a cliffhanger. Jack Thompson (Chad Michael Murray) was shot and a file he had on Agent Carter was stolen.
Keep reading to find out what I’d like to see from Marvel’s Agent Carter season 3…
- More Agent Carter. Obviously there’d be no show without her but there are plenty more stories to tell about Peggy and her adventures. She’s played wonderfully by Hayley Atwell and there’s no other character like her.
- Jack Thompson to survive. He might cause Peggy plenty of trouble but he’s been a big part of the show. He needs to at least live long enough to tell Peggy about the file and set her on the trail of the shooter.
- Howard Stark to return. Dominic Cooper is brilliant as the mad inventor and was missed with his reduced presence in season 2. His crazy inventions enable plenty of fantastic plot ideas.
- Edwin Jarvis to return. I can’t imagine the show without the excellent James D’Arcy as Peggy’s sidekick. He brings a lot of humour to the show but has also proved himself to be very capable. Season 2 let us see a new side to the character and I’d like to see more of his dark side.
- Daniel Sousa and Peggy to find happiness. The pair seem made for each other and now they are together it would be nice for the show to keep it that way.
- Dottie Underwood to return. She’s the perfect nemesis for Carter and the scenes with Dottie are some of the best on the show. After escaping this season it would be brilliant to see their paths cross again.
- Jason Wilkes to disappear. I felt the character served his purpose in season two. There was chemistry between he and Peggy but it should be left in the past. He’s working for Stark now so could return but if he does it should be only brief.
- Masters and the Council. Could Masters have survived the explosion? What are the rest of the Council up to now Frost is in the asylum? I’d like to see a third season answer these questions.
- Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. Set in the 1940’s the show is in a perfect position to explore the stories around both of these organisations. Could we see Peggy involved in the transition of the S.S.R. to S.H.I.E.L.D?
- That mysterious key. Thompson discovered that the Arena pin was also a secret key and showed Peggy. I can’t be the only one who would like to see what that key opens, right?
Marvel’s Agent Carter has yet to be renewed for a 3rd season by FOX.