Haven’t you heard that punk turns 40 next year? Well Isle of Wight Festival has remembered and is preparing a real treat for all punters in 2016. The event, which takes place between 9th and 12th June 2016 has added quite few big names from the music scene including Iggy Pop, Adam Ant, The Damned, Buzzcocks, The Godfathers and The Sex Pissed Dolls. The amazing additions join already confirmed acts, Queen and Adam Lambert, Stereophonics and Faithless.
1976 was widely regarded as the year punk was born. Indeed it was the year The Sex Pistols signed a major deal with EMI Records and started significant press coverage. The same year The Ramones released their debut album plus The Damned and The Buzzcocks formed that very same year alongside other heavyweight musicians such as The Clash, The Slits, X-Ray Spex, Black Flag and The Adverts.
A full range of ticket, travel and camping / accommodation options are available for The Isle of Wight Festival from www.isleofwightfestival.
Ticket info below:
· Weekend with/without Camping – £195
· Student – £175
· Teen – £145
· Children under 12 – free
· Disabled Access – Must be purchased via the Ticketmaster Special Access number 0800 988 4440
– Camp Kerala Mademoiselle provide Luxury Glamping backstage with room service and VIP transport
– Tangerine Fields – Turn up and find your tent already pitched plus Tangerine Bar and Cafe and grooming facilities
– Eve’s Tipis – Try something different and stay in a tipi, plus enjoy cocktails or champagne from the bar or some hot breakfast options to start your day right
– Podpads – Bunk down in the colourful Podpads with solid wood or canvas options
– Love Your Tent – enjoy an ethical camping experience plus hot showers and a Poodle Parlour!
– Pink Moon Camping – Choose from a colourful collection of accommodation and enjoy your weekend with a unique camping experience!
A variety of travel options including ferry, speed boats, river crossing, Big Green Coach Company and National Rail can be viewed on the festival’s website.