Downton Abbey Series 5 will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on 17th November.
The hit series picks up in 1924 and we discover that times are changing. With the new dawn of the Labour government, Sybbie Branson and George Crawley growing up, Lady Mary making decisions for her future, Mr and Mrs Bates hoping to find happiness and Thomas back to his scheming mean only more drama…
The critically acclaimed ensemble cast reprise their beloved characters with: Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess of Grantham, Violet; Hugh Bonneville as Earl of Grantham, Robert; Elizabeth McGovern as the Countess of Grantham, Cora; Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley; Jim Carter as Carson; Brendan Coyle as John Bates; Joanne Froggatt as Anna Bates; Phyllis Logan as Mrs Hughes; Sophie McShera as Daisy Mason; Laura Carmichael as Lady Edith Crawley; Robert James-Collier as under butler Thomas Barrow footman; Lily James as Lady Rose MacClare; Penelope Wilton as Isobel Crawley; Allen Leech as Tom Branson; Kevin Doyle as footman Molesley; Raquel Cassidy as ladies maid Baxter; Lesley Nicol as Mrs Patmore; and Ed Speleers as footman Jimmy.
Series 5 sees the debut of Richard E. Grant as he ruffles some feathers as Simon Bricker; Anna Chancellor joins as guest role Lady Anstruther; Rade Sherbedgia will play a Russian refugee who has fled the Revolution after the First World War; Dame Harriet Walter will reprise her role as Lady Shackleton; and Peter Egan will return as Lord Flintshire.
The Blu-ray and DVD features an exclusive to DVD documentary entitled The Manners of Downton Abbey, where historian and Downton Abbey oracle Alastair Bruce takes us through the etiquette of how to eat, marry, behave, dress and make money in the 1920’s.
Special features on the release include:
- ‘The Manners of Downton Abbey’ (52 minutes)
- A sneak peek of the Series 5 Christmas Episode
- 3 bonus episodes
- · The Roaring Twenties – A “Behind the Scenes” of Series 5 including a look at the changes in fashion and how the house is moving forward (25 minutes)
- · A Day with Lady Rose – Get closer to the world of Downton with this exclusive look into a day on the set with Lily James (8 minutes)
- · Behind the Scenes – Day 100 – Join Mrs Patmore and Mrs Hughes behind the scenes as they celebrate day 100 of the Downton Abbey shoot (10 minutes)