The Blacklist will be returning to our screens very soon and we can’t wait to catch up with Red (James Spader) and Liz (Megan Boone).
If you haven’t seen the first season of the show and want to avoid spoilers then we suggest you stop reading now. If you don’t mind a few spoilers about the upcoming second season then keep reading.
The season one finale of The Blacklist left us with our jaws on the floor as Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold) seemed to be dead, Red revealed some very telling scars on his back that suggested a deeper history with Liz, and Liz was told by Tom that her father was still alive. That’s plenty to keep us hooked until the season two premiere!
Ahead of the show’s return we’ve rounded up all the latest so you know what to expect when The Blacklist bursts back onto our screens. Check out our article from a few months where we shared our hopes for The Blacklist season 2.
- The first episode of season 2 is entitled Lord Baltimore and will pick up a couple of months after the first season finale
- The second season will comprise 22 episodes
- Peter Stomare will be back as Berlin
- Amir Arison’s character Aram Mojtabai will be a series regular for season 2
- Mozhan Marno will be a series regular as spy Tamar Katzman who goes head-to-head with Reddington
- Mary Louise Parker has joined the show in the recurring role of Naomi Highland and the character will have ties to Red
- Lee Tergesen will play Frank Hyland, the husband of Parker’s Naomi
- Paul Reuben aka Pee-Wee Herman will guest star as mafia henchman Mr. Vargas
- Krysten Ritter (Don’t Trust The B- In Apartment 23) will guest star as data analyst Rowan Mills in the season 2 premiere
- The relationship between Liz and Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) will be explored throughout the season and romance could be on the cards according to star Megan Boone
Take a look at a first-look video for The Blacklist season 2:
Check out the teasers already released for the season:
The Blacklist returns in the US on 22nd September 2014 at 10/9c on NBC. It is expected to return shortly after in the UK on Sky Living HD.