Jonathan Antoine, formerly of Jonathan & Charlotte, has announced the release of his debut solo album Tenore on 13th October 2014.
The 19-year-old has worked with acclaimed producer Anna Barry on the album. Tenore is the first album released by Jonathan since he and former singing partner Charlotte Jaconelli decided to go their separate ways.
Talking about the tracks he recorded for the album Jonathan says, “I have chosen ‘La donna e mobile’ from Verdi’s Rigoletto as the opera is such huge fun! I was first introduced to it by Sara Reynolds, my teacher from The Junior Royal Academy Of Music, so it has wonderful associations for me. I have been singing ‘Panis Angelicus’ ever since the age of 13. I was taught it by Jenny Ewington, my very first singing teacher, so it has extra special meaning for me. Just to ring the changes, I have included ‘Love Changes Everything’ on the album and I can’t wait for you to hear it!”
The tracklisting for the album is:
1. Rigoletto, Act III: ‘La donna è mobile’
2. Torna a Surriento
3. Nel blu, dipinto di blu (Volare)
4. Be my love
5. Parla Più Piano (from ‘The Godfather’)
6. Panis Angelicus
7. L’elisir d’amore, Act II: ‘Una furtiva lagrima’
8. So Deep is the Night (Arranged from Chopin’s Tristesse, Etude Op. 10/3)
9. Arrivederci, Roma
10. Core ‘ngrato
12. Love Changes Everything (From ‘Aspects of Love’)