German developer Robotality have released some gameplay footage of their upcoming game Pathway. Pathway is a strategy adventure game featuring turn-based combat and unique story encounters. Explore temples, tombs and the desert wilderness in a grand pulp adventure.
Watch the Pathway gameplay trailer below:
Key features of Pathway:
- Thrilling visuals – Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- Dynamic adventures – Discover 5 different campaigns, with each and every attempt generating a new web of encounters. No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- Tough Choices – Every explored location presents you with one of over 400 hand-crafted story events. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- Decisive conflicts – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members’ strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- Hidden treasures – Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
The gameplay shows off team party building, a small selection of the 400 hand-crafted story events with choice-based unique encounters, the procedural overworld map, inventory management, mysterious (and rather horrifying) bunker discoveries, as well as turn-based strategic maneuvers against the Nazis, the undead and even some supernatural forces at work.
If you like the look of Pathway it is available for wishlisting on Steam.
You can view some more images in our Pathway gallery below: