Override: Mech City Brawl is getting a Closed Beta event this weekend and will be running August 10th-12th, 2018. Players will be able to flatten cities inspired by real-world locations as a range of towering characters, including an enormous lizard mech called MetaGeckon and a fish-luchador hybrid bot named Pescado
The event will give players the chance to experience the fast-paced mech brawls while the developers get a feel for the overall balance of the game. While streaming of the event is only allowed on PC, participants can play via PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well. Players interested in taking part in the beta can sign-up via the official website.
Watch the Override: Mech City Brawl Closed Beta trailer below:
The full game will include the features listed below, but not all features will be present in the Closed Beta.
- Explosive Battles. Take control of a gigantic mech and lay waste to entire cities as you fight other massive opponents.
- Supercharged Mechs. Pilot 12 outrageous mechs of epic, skyscraper-sized proportions, each with diverse fighting styles and unique skills.
- Real-World Locations. Destroy 3D arenas modeled after actual cities and countries, including Tokyo, Egypt, San Francisco, and Mexico.
- Multiple Game Modes. Challenge other players in local and online Versus & Co-Op modes and experience Override’s story in a single-player campaign.
- Party Co-op. Gather 2 to 4 friends to engage in party co-op where each player is responsible for one part of a towering mech!
- The Garage. Customise your mechs in the Garage, changing their accessories and skins to create your own unique style.
View some Override: Mech City Brawl screenshots in our gallery:
Players can pre-order the game now. The Super Charged Mega Edition includes the Season Pass, delivering 4 extra mechs and 16 new skins post-launch, as well as instant access to 12 legendary skins normally unlocked in the Standard Edition. Override: Mech City Brawl will be priced at £29.99 for the Super Charged Mega Edition and £24.99 for the digital-only Standard Edition.