PQube have announced that the pixel art thriller STAY is heading to PS4 and Nintendo Switch this summer. The game launched on Xbox One and PC earlier this year to much acclaim.
STAY follows the path of Quinn – a therapist who wakes up alone, locked in a strange room with nothing but a computer hooked up to an internet chat room. The chat room has one other member: You.
Watch the Stay PS4 & Nintendo Switch announce trailer:
The player needs to try and help Quinn escape, making real-time suggestions that either guide Quinn to safety, or closer to his ultimate end. What would you do if a stranger’s fate rested in your fingertips? And how would you cope if every second could be the difference between life and death?
STAY was developed by Spanish indie studio Appnormals Team and has amassed nominations at multiple different awards ceremonies for both the Xbox One and PC editions since launching earlier this year. These include commendations for the game’s narrative and the accolade of ‘Best Original Idea’ at Gamelab Barcelona 2018.
View some Stay screenshots in our gallery:
- Real-time play – the clock never stops – STAY plays out in real-time, meaning that every minute spent away from the game is a minute Quinn is left alone. Drop out of conversations or leave Quinn to fend for himself for too long and there may be consequences to your actions.
- Raise your empathy – Quinn is on edge, and every response matters. Prove yourself a compassionate ally and he’ll learn to trust you and share both his findings and deepest thoughts. Fail, and his emotions may work against you.
- Interactive storytelling – Featuring 24 chapters, seven different endings, dozens of life-altering choices and entire webs of conversation, STAY is designed to be replayed multiple times. Explore myriad rooms and unearth hidden secrets in subsequent playthroughs to piece together the full story.
- Uncover the truth – Webcams around the environment and on the computer enable you to watch and analyse Quinn’s reactions, mental state and actions while he is Away From Keyboard. Pick up on his lies, use that knowledge to your advantage and uncover the truth at the heart of STAY.
- Solve mind-bending puzzles – Help Quinn get the better of the conundrums he encounters inside his prison by taking direct control of his actions during numerous puzzle sections.
EF Games will be bringing you a full review of STAY in the near future.