SEGA have unveiled Team Sonic Racing, a brand-new racing experience developed by Sumo Digital. Combining the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with unique vehicle customisation options. Sonic fans can play solo, team up with friends or face-off against each other in high-stake races between rival teams across the Sonic Universe.
Team Sonic Racing lets fans speed through vibrant circuits from the Sonic Universe as Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and more while taking part in a multiplayer racing competition. Players can race solo or play with up to 12 drivers online in various single and multiplayer game modes, including Grand Prix, Time Trial and Team Adventure.
Watch the Team Sonic Racing reveal trailer below:
Here’s the official list of features so far:
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customisation – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.
Team Sonic Racing is set to release both physically and digitally this winter on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only release on PC.
EF Games will bring you more information about Team Sonic Racing as it is announced. Check out the official Team Sonic Racing website for more information.
View the first 3 Team Sonic Racing screenshots in our gallery: