Madam Secretary returns to UK screens for a fourth season tonight (23rd November) – airing almost two months behind the US.
The show follows Dr. Elizabeth McCord (Téa Leoni), a former CIA analyst, who was thrust into the political spotlight when she was promoted to US Secretary of State in season one.
The third season again saw Elizabeth dealing with everything from international crisis to family problems at home. Much of the season focused on the US relationship with Russia and China. At the end of the season, Elizabeth clashed with France and was forced to invoke article 5 with NATO to prevent Russia attacking an ally. Also, Henry (Tim Daly) landed a job at the CIA.
Returning cast members for season four include:
- Tim Daly as Elizabeth’s husband Dr. Henry McCord
- Keith Carradine as President Conrad Dalton
- Željko Ivanek as Russell Jackson, White House Chief of Staff
- Bebe Neuwirth as Nadine Tolliver, Elizabeth’s Chief of Staff
- Erich Bergen as Blake Morgan, Elizabeth’s personal assistant
- Sebastian Arcelus as Jay Whitman, Elizabeth’s policy advisor
- Patina Miller as Daisy Grant, Elizabeth’s press coordinator
- Geoffrey Arend as Matt Mahoney, Elizabeth’s speech writer
- Wallis Currie-Wood as Stevie McCord
- Kathrine Herzer as Alison McCord
- Evan Roe as Jason McCord
The season four premiere is News Cycle. A ‘fake news’ story circulates implicating Elizabeth in the death of a minister. Morgan Freeman directs and guest stars.
Tune in to Sky Living at 10pm Thursday 23rd November to see the season four premiere. Preview it with our gallery below:
[gss ids=”1177238,1177246,1177245,1177244,1177243,1177241,1177240,1177239,1177237,1177236,1177235,1177234″ carousel=”fx=carousel”]