Eureka Entertainment to release Two Rode Together, John Ford’s story of Love and War in the Wild Wild West, starring James Stewart, Shirley Jones and Richard Widmark, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a special Dual Format edition on 13 March 2017.
The first collaboration between James Stewart and director John Ford produced this thrilling and darkly complex Western that easily ranks among Ford’s best work, yet remains one of his most overlooked.
Stewart plays gloriously against type as Marshal Guthrie McCabe, a cynical and amoral U.S. Marshal assigned to trade guns with the fearsome Comanche in exchange for hostages, with the promise of a large reward if he is successful. McCabe and old friend Lieutenant Jim Gary (Richard Widmark, Pickup on South St, Kiss of Death) set out to track down the Comanche and their captives, with tragic consequences for all involved.
With a screenplay by Frank Nugent (The Searchers) and cinematography by Charles Lawton Jr. (The Lady from Shanghai, 3:10 to Yuma), Two Rode Together was one of the first Westerns to recognize the dignity and value of the Native American way of life and the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a special Dual Format edition.
Two Rode Together, John Ford’s story of Love and War in the Wild Wild West, starring James Stewart, is released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a special Dual Format edition on 13 March 2017 and is available to purchase here http://po.st/VVswjY
To celebrate the release we have 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple questions below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 19th March 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.