Eureka Entertainment to release director Anthony Mann’s The Man From Laramie, one of the most powerful westerns of the 1950s starring James Stewart, on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 5 December 2016.
Held by many to be the pinnacle of the five Westerns they were teamed on, The Man from Laramie marked the final collaboration between director Anthony Mann and star James Stewart.
Stewart stars as a resolute vigilante, obsessed with finding the man responsible for his brother’s death. Among the suspects are an arrogant cattle baron (Donald Crisp), his sadistic son (Alex Nicol) and his ranch foreman (Arthur Kennedy).
A psychological revenge saga of Shakespearean proportions, and masterfully filmed in Cinemascope and Technicolor, The Man from Laramie is one of the most powerful dramas of the 1950s. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present it in a new 4K restoration in a Dual-Format edition for the first time in the UK.
The Man From Laramie Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition is released on 5 December 2016 and is available to purchase here http://po.st/LgjQrw
To celebrate the release we have 3 copies to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question.
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Tuesday 13th December 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.