Eureka Entertainment to release ALOYS, a noir-like tale of mystery and private eyes from upcoming director Tobias Nölle, on home video in the UK in a Dual Format edition, on 24 October 2016.
Aloys Adorn is a middle-aged private detective who lives and works with his father. He experiences life from a safe distance, through a video camera he keeps recording 24 hours a day, and the massive collection of surveillance tapes he organises and obsessively watches at home. But when his father dies, Aloys is left on his own and his sheltered existence begins to fall apart. After a night of heavy drinking, Aloys wakes up on a public bus to find that his camera and precious observation tapes have been stolen. Soon after, a mysterious woman calls to blackmail him. She offers to return the tapes if Aloys will try an obscure Japanese invention called ‘telephone walking’ with her, using his imagination as their only connection. As he is drawn deeper and deeper, falling in love with the voice on the other end of the phone, the woman opens up a new universe that may allow Aloys to break out of his isolation and into the real world.
Making its premiere at the prestigious Berlin Film Festival in 2016, Tobias Nölle’s film has been compared to the work of Charlie Kaufmann. Beautifully lensed and scored Aloys is a feast for the senses, Eureka Entertainment are proud to present this film for the first time in the world on Blu-ray and DVD.
Aloys is available to order from: Amazon http://amzn.to/2aJJ4eP
To celebrate the release we have 3 copies on CD to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 6th November 2016.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.