Sky Q customers can now take their TV with them on their smartphones thanks to the launch of the new Sky Q mobile app.
Previously the Sky Q app was only available for tablet devices but now customers will be able to access their downloaded recordings, browse Top Picks, and stream live and On Demand shows when they’re out and about, on their phone.
The Sky Q mobile app gives customers plenty of features, including:
- Recordings: Download recordings to your phone whilst at home and then watch them when you’re out and about, without the need for internet connection. Go to On My iPhone or On My Phone to find recordings downloaded before leaving the house. Or when at home you can access your Recordings on your phone from the Sky Q box.
- Streaming: Stream live and On Demand programmes on your phone, from sport to box sets, movies and much more. Simply press the play icon or Select Watch Online on the programme you want to watch, or Download for later.
- Top Picks: Find recommendations from the best of live and On Demand TV and start watching.
- Remote Record and Download: Never miss the latest episode in a series again. Manage recordings and downloads to the Sky Q box when out and about with the mobile app.
- My Q: Whilst at home, quickly and easily find the shows you didn’t manage to finish or the next episode in a series you’re watching, all in one place. Just pause and carry on.
With the Sky Q mobile app, customers also have access to the TV Guide, Catch Up TV, My Photos and more.
The Sky Q mobile app is available for iOS and Android smartphones. Sadly it’s bad news for Windows Mobile users as Sky tell us they currently have no plans to develop an app for Microsoft Windows powered handsets.
EF will be bringing you a full review of Sky Q in the coming weeks. For more information check out the official Sky Q website.