Billy Ray Cyrus will release his brand new album Thin Line on 9th September through Blue Cadillac Music.
The album features 15 tracks with collaborations including Joe PErry, Shelby Lynne, and Cyrus’ children Braison and Miley. Three tracks – Hey Elvis, a cover of Don Williams’ Tulsa Time and title track Thin Line – are available for download prior to the album release, with Hey Elvis and Tulsa Time available now and Thin Line coming on 12th August 2016.
Talking about the meaning behind the title, Cyrus says, “How I live my life; it’s a balance between art and reality,” and thought it was the appropriate title with the theme serving as the premises for the album’s content.
“This project was going to be a tribute album to my favorite songwriters and artists,” said Cyrus, hence the amount of classic Highwayman ballads. “But it transformed into more than that.”
Shooter Jennings appears on the album as a producer and he performed on tracks Killing the Blues and I’ve Always Been Crazy.
Alongside the new album Cyrus has been appearing in his new CMT show Still the King, which airs every Sunday in the US at 9pm ET/PT.
The track listing for Thin Line is:
1. Thin Line (feat. Shelby Lynne)
2. Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)
3. They’re Playin Our Song
4. My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
by Billy Ray Cyrus
5.Stop Pickin’ on Willie
6. Sunday Morning Coming Down (feat. Shelby Lynne)
7. Tulsa Time (feat. Joe Perry)
8. Hillbilly On
9. Killing the Blues (feat. Shooter Jennings)
10. I’ve Always Been Crazy (feat. Shooter Jennings & Lee Roy Parnell)
11. Hey Elvis (feat. Bryan Adams & Glenn Hughes)
by Billy Ray Cyrus, Bryan Adams & Glenn Hughes
12. Help Me Make It Through the Night (feat. Kenley Shea Holm)
13. Hope (Let It Find You)
14. Going Where the Lonely Go (feat. Braison Cyrus)
15. Angels Protect This Home (feat. Miley Cyrus)
Take a look at the cover for Thin Line below: