Octopus Tree, a new publisher focused on bringing exceptional indie titles to gamers worldwide, has announced that its award-winning premier action RPG, Goliath has launched on Steam. The game is an open-world, action-adventure game with crafting and role-playing elements set in a universe where players build and customize massive robots to overcome the challenges they face.
Goliath brings players to a world where massive monsters roam freely. To survive, players must scavenge for resources and materials to create powerful giant robots called Goliaths. These can be customized and outfitted with weapons for various situations and battle preferences. Players can also create items and tools for survival, build a fortress and find new allies, and choose which factions to support in the war that is sweeping across the world.
Watch the Goliath launch trailer below:
Goliath Game Features Include:
- Build, Create and Destroy: Gather resources to craft and customize giant Goliath robots to help level the playing field against the world’s colossal beasts.
- Living World: Procedurally generated environments, quests and events, and a living ecosystem with changing weather and day and night cycles ensure that no two games of Goliath will ever be the same.
- Adapt to The Environment: Players must consider how different weather conditions affect various Goliath types while interacting with countless creatures to hunt and fight.
- Boss Battles: Battle gigantic bosses that dwarf one’s own massive mechanized warriors!
- Play Your Way: Take sides with one or more of the factions locked in a massive war that’s sweeping the land. Help determine which faction will come out on top as you work your way through the game’s epic storyline.
Goliath is a winner of the 2016 GDC Pitch Award and can be purchased on Steam for £14.99 (£11.99, 20% launch discount). Visit the official Goliath website for more information. EF will be bringing you a full review of Goliath later this month.
View some screenshots from Goliath in our gallery below:
[gss ids=”865243,865244,865246,865247,865249,865250″ carousel=”fx=carousel”]