Misplacing your wallet, forgetting where you parked your car, or getting your friend’s birthday wrong: these are just some of the many common memory slips we all experience from time to time. And such cognitive lapses don’t just plague the elderly: the most common worry of people over 40 is memory loss.
A recent study by Newcastle University, featured on BBC news, showed that art therapy has greater benefits than puzzles and exercises when it comes to improving memory function. Engaging the brain in new and creative ways may be the key to a sharper ‘younger’ mind.
Orion is releasing Anastasia Catris’ Draw Your Way to a Younger Brain books – Cats & Big Cats, Dogs & Wolves, Safari – on 11th February 2016.
Helping to enhance your brain’s cognitive function through art therapy techniques, this book contains 30 intricate line drawings of animals, with space on the opposite page for you to copy the illustration and some helpful hints to start you off. There is also the opportunity to colour in and to create some of your own illustrations as you progress. Gradually becoming more challenging, every page will help to stimulate parts of the brain that are vital for memory retention. With this book you will draw your way to a younger brain.
Anastasia Catris is the illustrator of the bestselling Colour Me Mindful series. Ana graduated from Royal Holloway, University of London with a BA Hons in English Literature and then travelled to the United States to pursue her passion for illustration by studying at The
Kubert School of Comic and Cartoon Art. She returned to the UK in 2009, and has since worked for HarperCollins, Kerrang!, Fox, Marvel, DC and Cygnus Alpha: The Doctor Who Fanzine. Ana lives in Wales, United Kingdom, and is an advocate of art therapy.
To be in with a chance of winning one of 3 sets of Draw Your Way to a Younger Brain (featuring all 3 titles) just answer the question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 14th February 2016.
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
4. All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
5. Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
7. Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition).
8. In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
9. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
10. Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.