Earlier today at Gamescom 2015 the sixth World of Warcraft expansion was announced by Blizzard – it will be called Legion.
The expansion sees the Alliance and the Horde do battle once again with the demonic Burning Legion. They have returned to Azeroth to summon their fallen leader – the dark titan Sargeras, Ravager of Worlds.
[raw][gss ids=”96181,96180,96179,96178,96177,96176,96175″ carousel=”fx=carousel”][/raw]
As we’ve come to expect from the World of Warcraft expansions, Legion will be packed full of new features and changes to the game. Highlights announced so far include:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter—Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons—Smite the Legion with legendary weapons of lore. Earn Artifact power to unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles—Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
- New Feature: Order Hall—Whether you’re paladin or warlock, unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System—Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
- Boost to Level 100—Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft.
There’s no news yet on a release date but there will be a beta later this year which players can opt-in via their Blizzard account.
We expect to hear more news of World of Warcraft: Legion at BlizzCon in November. In the meantime check out the official World of Warcraft: Legion website for more information.