Fan Base Project is being held today for the first time at The Bread Factory (De Broodfabriek) in the Dutch city of Rijswijk. It’s a new convention for The Netherlands where attendees can meet other fans of comics, games, anime, sci-fi as well as Japanese and Korean culture.
The convention has a wide varitey of activities on offer. These include gaming, workshops, panels, lectures, japanese art and even a fashion show. There are also competitions as well as food and drink at the Maid cafe and Butler cafe.
Also in attendance are several special guests for fans to see and meet. These include:
- Mikaru – a Japanese visual rocker with his solo project Glams.
- Greenius Cosplays – A German cosplayer who will help judge the cosplay competition. She makes costumes including Marvel, Disney, LotR and games.
- Kinumi Cati – A 17 year old Spanish musician and model (pictured above). She’s also a gamer known for her Guinness World Records in endurance gaming – over 30hrs on Final Fantasy X and over 29hrs on World of Warcraft. Kinumi will be holding a Guiness World Record workshop as well as taking place in other events including the fashion show and a japanese concert.
- Dutch Garrison – a world famous costume club that focus on ‘bad guy’ costumes. They also help raise money for charity.
- InuNeko Cosplay – A cosplaying duo from the Netherlands.
- Partyvengers – Another cosplaying duo from the Netherlands.
To find out more about the convention and guests check out the official Fan Base Project website.