The publicity shots have been released for The People’s Strictly for Comic Relief showing the contestants with their pro partners for the first time.
The six contestants have been nominated to appear on the show by friends for the work they’ve done to change the lives of others. Over the course of The People’s Strictly, the contestants are paired with a Strictly pro as they undertake training ahead of performing on the Strictly Ballroom in front of a live studio audience.
The contestants taking part are:
- Phillip Barnett from Cornwall, who founded a children’s theatre charity in 1994 and has since raised over £2 million and staged over 70 shows.
- Trishna Bharadia from Buckinghamshire, who is living with MS and works hard to raise awareness around the condition.
- Anna Kennedy OBE from Middlesex, who set up the largest school for autism in the UK after her own autistic sons were turned away from mainstream education.
- Cassidy Little, originally from Canada but now lives in Peterborough. Cassidy was serving in Afghanistan as a medic for the Royal Marines when he was severely injured, losing the lower half of his leg in an explosion. His positivity has helped several of his colleagues through their time in rehab.
- Heather Parsons from Hampshire, who set up her own charity to support intensive care patients and their families, following her own near-death experience in intensive care.
- Michael Pattie from Dumfries, who has raised over £300,000 for meningitis charities, after losing his son to the disease.
The couples for the Comic Relief special are:
Michael Pattie & Aliona Vilani
Trishna Bharadia & Aljaz Skorjanec
Heather Parsons & Ian Waite
Phillip Barnett & Janette Manrara
Cassidy Little & Natalie Lowe
Anna Kennedy OBE & Robin Windsor
The People’s Strictly for Comic Relief will begin on 23rd February 2015 on BBC One in the lead up to Red Nose Day on Friday 13 March which will screen the final. See all of the couples below in our gallery:
[raw][gss ids=”75407,75408,75409,75410,75411,75412″ carousel=”fx=carousel”][/raw]