Kabam has partnered with Marvel Entertainment to bring the expansive Marvel Universe to mobile gamers worldwide with Marvel Contest of Champions, now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Marvel Contest of Champions players will build and manage a team of heroes and villains from across the Marvel Universe, their team gaining bonuses based on character affiliations taken straight from Marvel Comics.
[quote by=”Cuz Parry, Kabam’s Creative Director for Marvel Contest of Champions”]Marvel Contest of Champions stays true to classic Marvel storytelling with big threats, heroic moments, and shocking revelations wrapped into a game that is not only easy to pick-up and play, but is also fun. The development team is a huge fan of Marvel, and we’re proud to deliver an epic game that we know fans will be psyched to play.[/quote]
Marvel Contest of Champions, developed by Kabam’s Vancouver Studio and penned by Marvel Comics writer Sam Humphries (The Legendary Star-Lord), is a Super Hero combat game for mobile devices. In the game, players assume the role of Earth’s representative in a cosmic battle of epic proportions, organized by The Collector against super villains such as Kang the Conqueror and Thanos, and the ultimate brawl for untold power.
In Marvel Contest of Champions, players fight their way to the top in iconic locations from the Marvel Universe, including Avengers Tower, the Asgardian Bifrost, S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Helicarrier, and the Savage Land, as they battle against other heroes and villains controlled by Kang the Conqueror.
Game features include:
- Collect and assemble a team of mighty heroes and villains by completing various in-game milestones, featuring 25 unlockable characters at launch, with many more to come.
- Each unlocked character has unique traits, abilities, and special moves, allowing players to strategically customize their roster of characters for each battle along the way.
- Actively manage a team of heroes and villains to receive synergy bonuses based on team affiliation and relationships taken from the pages of Marvel Comics.
- Quest through an exciting, single-player mode in classic Marvel Comics-style fashion with a unique storyline from Marvel Comics writer Sam Humphries.
- Battle against your friends and family in PvP mode using well-known playable Marvel characters.
EF will be bringing you a full review later this month. Check out the Marvel Contest of Champions website for more information.