The Blacklist: The Complete First Season will be available to own on Blu-ray and DVD from 22nd September 2014.
The hit show, which returns for a second season later this year, stars James Spader, Megan Boone, Ryan Eggold, Parminder Nagra, Harry Lennix and Diego Klattenhoff. The first season consists of 22 episodes and the release is packed with hours worth of extras.
For decades, ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) has been one of the FBI’s most wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as “The concierge of Crime.” Now, he’s mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: he will help catch the world’s most elusive criminals, under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone, TV’s “Law & Order: Los Angeles”), an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. For Liz, it’s going to be one hell of a first day on the job.
Blu-ray and DVD bonus features on the release are:
- Commentary on the pilot episode, Anslo Garrick Part 1 and Berlin: Conclusion with Jon Bokenkamp, John Eisendrath and Joe Carnahan
- The Insider: Making Season One – The cast, writers and executive producers of The Blacklist take us through Season One, from brainstorming the weekly Blacklisters to developing the relationships between Elizabeth Keen, Tom Keen, and the “concierge of crime,” Raymond Reddington.
- Beyond the Blacklist – A behind-the-scenes look at all 22 episodes of The Blacklist
- Blu-ray™ Exclusive Special Features:
- Inception: Making the Pilot – An inside look at the making of the pilot, introducing the team that brought The Blacklist to life.
- Rogue’s Gallery: Villains– The writers and executive producers of The Blacklist discuss the process of creating the notorious criminals on the show. The cast weighs in on some of their favorite guest stars.
- Character Dossiers:
- Raymond Reddington — Who is Raymond Reddington really? James Spader, Megan Boone and the producers of The Blacklist discuss Spader’s role.
- Elizabeth Keen — Megan Boone talks all things Liz Keen from her relationship with Raymond Reddington to her emotional journey throughout the first season.
- Tom Keen — Ryan Eggold discusses the challenges and joys of playing a character whose motivations aren’t revealed until late in the season.
- Donald Ressler — Megan Boone and producers John Eisendrath and Jon Bokenkamp weigh in on working with Diego, how Ressler almost lost a leg, and why we shouldn’t believe everything we see.
- Harold Cooper — Harry Lennix and producer Jon Bokenkamp discuss the character of Harold Cooper, a character whose history, especially with Raymond Reddington, might just come further into focus as the show progresses.
- Meera Malik — Parminder Nagra and the producers discuss the multiple dimensions to Meera Malik.
- Aram Mojtabai — Amir Arison takes us through his season from starting as a day player to his scene with James Spader as Aram races against the clock to save his own life.