Hit sci-fi series Falling Skies will return to FOX in the UK for its fourth season on 15th July 2014.
Starring Noah Wyle, Falling Skies tells the story of the aftermath of a global invasion by extraterrestrials who kill 90% of the population, neutralise the world’s power grid and destroy the militaries of all the world’s countries.
At the end of the third season, Tom Mason (Wyle) and the 2nd Mass scored their biggest victory of the war to date with the destruction of the Espheni mothership in Boston, thanks in large part to the Volm. However, the Volm subsequently kicked the humans out of their own war and tried to deport everyone to Brazil for the duration of the fight against the Espheni. Only the personal intervention of Cochise (Doug Jones) prevented that from happening.
Ahead of the show’s July return, we’ve rounded up all the latest on the new season so you know what to expect.
- Falling Skies has a new show-runner this season David Eick. He has taken over from Remi Aubuchon who served as show-runner for the past two seasons.
- Eick has revealed a few teasers about the season saying that separation will play a large part, as will the moon, acting as a unifying image.
- Chochise and the Volm will definitely be back this season alongside brand new aliens.
- The season will feature four separations: one group which is involved in insurgency attacks, another group is housed in a ghetto-like prison, others are trapped in a Hitler youth-type brainwashing camp, and a fourth group are living in a sort of Shangri-La community with no weapons who think the aliens are their friends.
- The 2nd Mass is violently attacked as the season kicks off forcing Tom, Anne (Moon Bloodgood), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Hal (Drew Roy) to go their separate ways. Will they reunite?
- Tom and Anne’s daughter Alexis (Erika Forest) gets even creepier. Last season she aged from 2 months to 6 years old over the course of a few episodes and it was revealed she had mysterious abilities.
Make sure you note down the date of the season 4 premiere on FOX 15th July 2014 at 9pm.