The Legend of Hercules is released on 28th March in the UK and its lead star Kellan Lutz may not be familiar to everyone.
Most teenagers will know who Kellan is thanks to his role as Emmett Cullen in The Twilight Saga but those over the age of 21 may not be all that familiar with the hunky actor.
Ahead of the release of The Legend of Hercules, we’ve pulled together a list of 10 things you may not know about Kellan so you can get yourself better acquainted with the rising star. When he’s a super-huge star, think Chris Hemsworth big, then you can say we tipped you off.
1. Don’t let those All-American Boy looks fool you into thinking there’s nothing behind those rippling biceps. Before he decided to try his hand at acting, Kellan attended Chapman University to pursue a degree in chemical engineering.
2. His big break came as part of the 2004 reality show Model Citizens where models travelled to different parts of the US to carry out community projects. The show only ran for 7 episodes.
3. In 2005 he was part of the main cast of Lisa Kudrow’s comedy show The Comeback. His character was Chris MacNess and he was part of the ensemble for tacky comedy show Room & Bored which was supposed to be a comeback vehicle for Kudrow’s character Valerie Cherish. The series was short-lived which is a shame but at least it introduced us to Kellan.
4. In 2006 Kellan starred in Hilary Duff’s With Love…Hilary Duff fragrance advert and teamed up with the actress/singer again for the music video With Love in 2007.
5. He may have only has a small supporting role in The Twilight Saga but Kellan picked up 3 Teen Choice Awards for his portrayal as Emmett and is a fan favourite.
6. In 2010 Kellan was the face (well body) of Calvin Klein X underwear campaign. His work for the campaign definitely left an impression on us.
7. Kellan was in the running for the lead roles in Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters and Conan The Barbarian. He lost out to Jeremy Renner and Jason Momoa respectively. He’s probably glad now considering neither movie made much of an impression at the box office.
8. In his personal life he’s dated 90210’s AnnaLynne McCord and Australian Sharni Vinson.
9. Kellan is an avid supporter of animal charity PETA and starred in a video for them about adopting animals rather than buying them. Is this man too good to be true people?
10. To get his impressive physique for The Legend of Hercules, Kellan credited the controversial Paleo Diet. The diet is mainly protein and includes meat, fish, poultry, fruits and vegetables.
Check out the latest trailer for The Legend of Hercules below: