I first caught glimpse of Automachef on a YouTube advert and I was immediately intrigued. If you’re into puzzle games like Factorio then I think this is something you might like. It has just been announced that Automachef creator Hermes Interactive have joined up with Team17 to bring the game to market.
In Automachef players are tasked with creating a series of fully-automated kitchens that can produce a variety of dishes, each is a puzzle where you must overcome spatial, energy and design challenges. Taking care to monitor energy and ingredient consumption, fire and infestation risks. Players must plan, position and program numerous machines that can slice, cook, assemble and serve delicious meals.
Watch the Automachef announcement trailer below:
Each kitchen will require multiple machines in order to take, process and complete orders. It is up to the player to decide which machines are needed for each recipe and where to place them in order to deliver meals in a timely manner! They won’t be alone in this culinary journey, fellow human Robert Person will be there to guide them, at least…. he claims to be a human.
- Three tasty modes! Take on the campaign, build a business in Contracts Mode or play untethered in Test Site Mode
- Feisty robots! Well, robot. Throughout your time in Automachef, you will be accompanied by Robert Person who will offer you help and abundant charm
- Machines! From the order reader to the assembler and everything in between, you must tell each machine what it needs to do (they can’t think for themselves…yet)
- Human food! Whether it’s cheeseburgers or salads, each recipe requires different machines with different commands to make it… and don’t even get me started on combo meals!
- Blueprints! Created the perfect production line? Save your plans as blueprints to use in future kitchens.
Automachef will be available on Steam and Nintendo Switch in Summer 2019.
You can view some Automachef screenshots in our gallery below: