Iconic video game publisher Atari has announced the release date for an all-new entry to one of the most popular arcade games of all time. The visually stunning, action-packed arcade shooter Tempest 4000 will release for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on July 17, 2018.
Tempest 4000 sees the return of legendary game designer Jeff Minter for a faithful and thrilling sequel nearly two decades in the making. The powerful Claw spacecraft returns, fully equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms. A healthy dose of neon colors and fast-paced shooter gameplay set to an adrenaline-pumping techno soundtrack awaits existing fans and new audiences in this collaborative love-letter project from Minter and Atari.
Watch the Tempest 4000 gameplay trailer below:
Tempest 4000 Key Features:
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced, arcade style shoot ‘em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Classic, Pure and Survival that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.
Tempest 4000 will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $29.99 and on Steam for Windows PC for $19.99.
View some Tempest 4000 screenshots in our gallery: