Eureka Entertainment to release Harmonium, Kôji Fukada’s subtle, slow-burning thriller steeped in tragedy, as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual-Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 19 June 2017.
From the director of Au Revoir L’Ete and Hospitalité, Kôji Fukada’s Harmonium is an off-kilter take on that most venerable of Japanese genres — the family drama, starring Tadanobu Asano (Silence, Ichi The Killer, Journey to the Shore) which screened to great acclaim at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, where it was awarded the Un Certain Regard Jury prize.
In this slow-burn Japanese thriller Toshio invites an old acquaintance, Yasaka (just released from prison) to come and live with his family. Toshio lives above the small workshop that he owns with his wife, Akie, and their daughter, Hotaru. It is not clear why Toshio offers Yasaka a job; it doesn’t seem to be out of friendship or goodwill. Akie and Hotaru are wary of the new lodger, but with his persistent charm and goodwill, Yasaka befriends Toshio’s wife Akié and as Yasaka starts teaching their daughter Hotaru to play the harmonium, the family’s fragile domestic bliss is forever altered.
Director Kôji Fukada is a master of incremental development, drawing the audience into the unfolding outcome. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film, available for the first time on Blu-ray and DVD in a new Dual-Format edition.
Harmonium, Kôji Fukada’s subtle, slow-burning thriller steeped in tragedy, to be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual-Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 19 June 2017, and is available to purchase here http://amzn.to/2tmHdBX
To celebrate the release we’ve got 3 copies of Harmonium to give away to our readers. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Friday 30th June 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.