Vevo is rolling out Watch Party, a new feature for its desktop platform, and a new redesigned mobile experience for iOS.
The new features are focused on driving greater user engagement by immersing and connecting users with the music videos they love.
Watch Party is a multiple screen co-viewing experience. Users can invite their friends, chat and vote on videos they would like to see. Users can all be on different computers, in different locations but watching music videos at the same time.
The key features of Watch Party, which launches in late March, are:
- In ‘Host Mode,’ a user/curator/artist can host a unique experience for friends and fans, where the host will control the playlist and order.
- In ‘Collaboration Mode,’ users can up-vote for their favorite videos and add to the playlist.
- An infinite number of people can join any single watch party, just by accessing the party link.
- Up to 100 videos can be added to the queue.
- Enables music discovery with users sharing new videos to an engaged party.
- A party bot will update the group about what videos are coming up next.
- Watch Party at launch will initially be available on desktop.
The new mobile improvements for iOS include a new home screen. It will launch on iOS before rolling out across other platforms. The new design enables users to access their favourite videos and curated playlists easily so they can get the music they want faster.
The key features are:
- New design layout for users to quickly recognise playlists and videos each time the user engages with the app
- Artist stations which jump into artist specific playlists
- Access to playlists curated by Vevo’s in house editorial team, specific to time of day, mood or genre
- Completely localized playlist experience my genre and market.
- Dynamic personalization, meaning that the more the user engages, the more personal the experience will become, surfacing relevant playlists based on artists they have told us they love. The experience orients to what you like.
- Uniquely personalized home for each user, tailored specifically for their own preferences (person A’s home will be vastly different than person B’s). New home will continue to be highly curated for you, the more time/energy/effort you spend on Vevo
The new Home will roll out in mid-April. Take a look at the new features in our gallery below:
[gss carousel=”fx=carousel” ids=”1074015,1074016,1074011,1074013,1074014″]