Eureka Entertainment to release Cover Girl, Charles Vidor’s dazzling 1944 Technicolor musical starring Rita Hayworth and Gene Kelly, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 13 February 2017.
One of the most lavish and successful Hollywood musicals of the 1940s, Charles Vidor’s Cover Girl is a breath-taking spectacle that established its stars Rita Hayworth (Gilda, The Lady from Shanghai) and Gene Kelly (Singin’ in the Rain), as the two most popular actors of their time.
Nightclub dancer Rusty (Hayworth) has a happy life performing at her boyfriend Danny’s (Kelly) club in Brooklyn, but her whole world changes once she wins a prestigious Cover Girl contest arranged by a wealthy magazine editor (Otto Kruger). Rusty soon becomes a Broadway sensation, but is fame and fortune a substitute for true love?
Also starring the legendary Sergeant Bilko himself, Phil Silvers (The Phil Silvers Show, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World) and the recipient of 5 Academy Award nominations (winning for Best Musical Scoring), Cover Girl was Columbia studio’s first Technicolor musical, and remains one of the finest musical pictures of all time. The Masters of Cinema series is proud to present the film for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a stunning Dual-format edition.
Cover Girl (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition is released by Eureka Entertainment on Monday 13 February 2017 and is available to purchase here http://po.st/nTxCXQ
To celebrate the release, we’ve got 3 copies to give away to our readers. To be in with a chance of winning, answer one simple question below:
The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 19th February 2017.
Terms & conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 13
- Winners will be selected at random.
- By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- All information provided by the entrant must be accurate and proof of age may be requested.
- Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.
- Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
- Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.
- Winners will be notified via email or phone (or where applicable) social media (depending on the type of competition) and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.