One of the shows we’re most excited about returning to our screens this autumn is Arrow.
If you haven’t seen all of Arrow season 2 and/or don’t want spoilers about season 3 then stop reading now. If you are up-to-date and want to know the latest news then keep reading.
The second season finale was beyond epic and there’s plenty of scope for season 3 to top it. The finale saw Oliver (Stephen Amell) and his team imprison Slade (Manu Bennett) and end his reign of terror. Fans were left disappointed when Oliver shared a seemingly romantic moment with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) only to realise it was a trap for Slade!
Elsewhere Laurel (Katie Cassidy) was handed the Canary baton by Sara (Caity Lotz) who left town, Thea (Willa Holland) left Starling City with her father Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) and Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) looked to be on the verge of losing his life.
We’ve rounded up all the latest news on season 3 ahead of the show’s return so you know what to expect.
Season 3 will see the return of two much-loved characters:
- John Barrowman is a series regular for the new season so fans can expect to see a lot more of Malcolm Merlyn
- Caity Lotz will be recurring as Sara Lance aka Canary
A few new cast additions have been confirmed ahead of the show returning next month:
- Brandon Routh will be playing Ray Palmer
- Matt Nable will take on the role of Ra’s al Ghul and is the season’s big bad
- Rila Fukushima will recur as Katana, the wife of Oliver’s mentor Toshi in his flashbacks this season
- Charlotte Ross will play Felicity’s mother
- J.R. Ramirez will make his debut as Wildcat
- Peter Stormare will play Count Vertigo
- Austin Butler (The Carrie Diaries) will play a club DJ who is a love interest for Thea
The names and writer credits for the first six episodes of the season are:
- 301 – The Calm – Story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg. Teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn
- 302 – Sara – Written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu
- 303 – Corto Maltese – Written by Erik Oleson & Beth Schwartz
- 304 – The Magician – Written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim
- 305 – The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak – Written by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan
- 306 – Guilty – Written by Erik Oleson & Keto Shimizu
- Ra’s al Ghul will debut in the fourth episode of the season, The Magician
- Slade aka Deathstroke (Manu Bennett) isn’t going to be in the early part of the season and there’s no confirmation yet if we’ll see him at all
- Roy will have his own costume as he takes on the alter-ego Arsenal
- Laurel will begin her transition into Black Canary
- Felicity’s backstory will be revealed in episode 5 of the season, The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak
- Olicity fans get ready because Oliver and Felicity are going to be taking their friendship to a whole new romantic level
- Diggle (David Paul Ramsey) and Oliver will come into conflict as Oliver wants to keep Diggle out of the field following the news that he’s going to be a father
- Some new characters will join the Suicide Squad this season but there’s no confirmation as to who
- Detective Lance will survive and live to fight another day following the season 3 cliffhanger
- There will be a crossover with The Flash at some point in the season
Arrow will return for its third season in the US on 8th October 2014 and is expected to follow in the UK shortly after. Check out the latest trailer: