Revenge season 3 ended with quite the twist which should prove a game changer when the show returns for a fourth season.
If you haven’t seen all of season 3 and/or don’t want spoilers about season 4 of Revenge then stop reading now. If you do want to find out all the latest news then keep reading.
Emily (Emily VanCamp) finally exacted some serious revenge on Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) by committing her to a mental institution against her will after tricking her. It took Victoria to murder Aiden (Barry Sloane) to really bring back Emily’s drive and get her back on track.
That wasn’t the only surprise that the finale served up. Emily’s late father David (James Tupper) was revealed to be alive and he reappeared just in time to (maybe) murder Conrad (Henry Czerny). Also Jack (Nick Wechsler) was arrested for kidnapping Charlotte (Christa B. Allen) – we wonder how he’s going to get out of that one?
Let’s not forget that Daniel (Josh Bowman) woke up in bed next to a dead girl too as Margaux’s (Karine Vanasse) brother Gideon (Daniel Zovatto) put his revenge plan into action after being ousted from his late father’s company.
Ahead of the season 4 premiere, we’ve rounded-up all of the latest news on the new season so you’re prepared when it returns.
When Revenge returns there will be, potentially, a couple of characters missing:
- Barry Sloane won’t be a regular as Aiden since he was killed off last season but rumours suggest he may appear in flashbacks
- Henry Czerny aka Conrad Grayson is missing from the cast list. It certainly looked like he might be dead at the end of last season but who knows with Revenge?
A handful of characters from season 3 will be returning for season 4:
- James Tupper will be a series regular for the first time as David Clarke
- Karine Vanasse has been upped to a series regular as Margaux LeMarchal
- Henri Esteve will be back as Nolan’s (Gabriel Mann) former prison buddy and Charlotte’s boyfriend Javier
- Gail O’Grady will be back as Jack’s mum Stevie. We wonder if she’s anything to do with Jack’s prison drama seeing as she is a lawyer
- Daniel Zovatto will be back as Margaux’s scheming brother Gideon
New cast additions
As to be expected a few new characters will appear over the course of the new season:
- Brian Hallisay (The Client List) has joined the show in a recurring role as Ben Hunter who is a potential new love interest for Emily
- Yeardley Smith (The Simpsons) will guest star as Phyllis, a patient in the same institution as Victoria
- Nestor Serrano (24) will guest star as Edward Alvarez
- Elena Satine (Magic City) will recur as new character Louise Ellis who is described as a ‘black sheep’ who is the daughter of a wealthy Southern family and is ‘unhinged’
Details about the fourth season are being kept tight under wraps but we’ve managed to find out a few nuggets:
- The flash-forward won’t be a feature of the season premiere for the first time in the show’s history
- The return of David Clarke is going to be a slow build so don’t expect an immediate reunion with Emily
- Conrad’s fate will be revealed in the opening minutes of the season premiere
- Emily is trying to move past all the things that have happened to her now she believes she’s finished her revenge mission
- Showrunner Sunil Nayar has teased fans to be prepared for ‘Jack 2.0’
- Victoria is going to be gunning for Emily more than ever after being institutionalised
Revenge returns in the US on 28th September 2014 and is expected to return in the UK early 2015.