XYLA Entertainment have announced Rush Bros., a side-scrolling platform racing action game featuring music-reactive level design arriving on Steam for PC and Mac on May 24th 2013.
[quote by=”Ian Boswell, Game Designer, XYLA Entertainment”]Rush Bros. started as a modification to Portal 2 co-op which turned the players against each other. The unique multiplayer mechanics and dueling Dubstep DJ themes became a metaphor for the unique social dynamic of cooperation through competition.[/quote]
The world’s first split screen online multiplayer platform racing mode complements the single player to crank up the excitement levels as you thrash the in-game soundtrack or use your own music collection as DJs Bass and Treble battle for supremacy. Fast and furious action is combined with innovative reactive level design – the music you play influences the dynamics of traps, obstacles and backgrounds. Change the beats, change the level…
XYLA is also proud to announce a partnership with psytrance / electronic duo Infected Mushroom who have supplied selected music for the soundtrack. Gamers can even play as band founders Erez Eisen and Amit Duvdevani in a custom Infected Mushroom level.
Rush Bros. Key Features:
- Over 40 pulse-pounding, music-infused, platform racing tracks, jam-packed with puzzles, obstacles and power-ups
- Single Player Mode allows players to learn the levels and hone their skills against their own Ghost Data
- Online multiplayer includes PC / Mac cross-platform support
- Local multiplayer – split screen on one Mac or PC
- Reactive level design – the music you play directly affects the movement of traps, obstacles and backgrounds
- Choose to play using your own MP3 or OGG music library and see the level design react to what’s playing
- Evolving gameplay through updates that will feature new Level Packs, Game Modes and more
- Steamworks integration including Big Picture, Leaderboards and Achievements
- Features musical tracks by Infected Mushroom complete with custom themed level and characters.